[SCCC] Two-letter ARRL Section Abbreviations?

Leigh S. Jones kr6x at kr6x.com
Sun Jan 9 00:42:30 EST 2005

I'd like to voice my agreement with Dick in this issue.  My feelings
are very
strong in this matter.  This was one of the issues that led me to stop
contesting
for the 1980's decade, and has left me a strong critic of the ARRL for
quarter of a century.

Humorously, I'd like to suggest the following: the Connecticut section
should
be required for the next quarter of a century to send the full name
(no
abbreviations, please) of it's section as a penalty for the disservice
that it has
done to the amateur radio service in this matter.  This shoud apply to
the
state for the ARRL DX Contest as well.  Maybe then ARRL HQ will begin
to understand.