[SCCC] VP9/W6PH

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 09:11:45 EST 2005

This was a warm-up for the ARRLs.  My category is "antenna challenged" or
"propagation challenged".  I won't admit to being "operator challenged".  (In
California, we have to blame someone else!)

I only heard two stations on 10 meters, W6YI and K6LL, even though I checked
back frequently.  I was asked by a couple stations to QSY to 10 meters but
didn't even hear a whisper (aka ESP QSO).  On 15 meters, east of the
Mississippi was completely blacked out.  I called a couple west coast
stations
on 80 and 160 (W6YI, W6YX, a couple others) but couldn't get their attention.

K6XT (previously noted) had an exceptional signal on 80m (and he could hear
me).

I'll be in Bermuda for both ARRLs.  I am always receptive to QSY requests if
there is possible propagation.  I tend to ride high in the bands as I am
limited
to 150 watts input (Bermuda regs) and I don't have much chance competing
with the KW stations.

I would appreciate any comments on my signal strengths on the various
bands.  The A4S is at 20 feet and the dipole is at 30 feet.  No chance of
getting them higher.

                                             Kurt,  VP9/W6PH  (W6PH/6 in Lone
Pine)