[SCCC] Thursday nite practice Sprints

Randy Johnson randyj at loan-wolf.com
Wed Oct 19 16:39:07 EDT 2005

If you haven't figured out what to do at 7:30PM on Thursday evenings, try this!

Our brethren in the NCCC have been running these practice Sprints for a while and they are a hoot. If you haven't done a Sprint before, the QSO/QSY rule DOES take some getting used to, but there is a rhythm to it, easier once you find it.  I've never been able to get more than 30 QSO's in the half-hour, but some guys with better antennas and better skills get over 50.

As there are a modest number of players, there is also a genuine spirit of camaraderie amongst the players, so regular participants have an added opportunity for enjoyment.

Full rules are at http://www.nccc.cc/pdf/ns_rules.pdf

Hope you will give it a try,

Randy W6SJ