[SCCC] Riverside Convention Report

Richard J. Norton richardjnorton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 18:33:21 EDT 2005

Riverside Convention:

Twenty people attended the Contest Forum (unofficial SCCC meeting) at
the Riverside ARRL Southwestern Division Convention on September 9th.
Ward Silver, N0AX, ARRL Contest Ratesheet Editor and CAC
Representative, and I discussed ARRL, CQ, and WRTC issues.

Six new SCCC members were recruited at the convention, some no doubt
lured with the two-years-for-the-price-of-one special that we are
still running. Please welcome:

K1USC, Tony Ruiz, of Alta Loma
W6MW, Mark West, of Glendale
K6SY, Mel Hughes, of Rancho Palos Verdes
W6RTW, Bob Wade, of Riverside
W6JNU, Al Toll, of Westminster
N6HEL, David Greenhut, of Woodland Hills

The rest of the convention went well.

Save the weekend of September 21, 22, 23, 2006 for next year's event,
at San Diego's Marriott Mission Valley.

Multi-Op Efforts in Fall Contests?

If you are hosting a multi-op effort in any of the upcoming contests,
and would allow new members to participate, please advise me or the
group directly. We have interest.

SCCC Meeting?

Would anybody be able to host an SCCC meeting soon? With a pretty full
schedule of contests upcoming, I only have the weekend of November 12
or 13 available. Please let me know.

73,

Dick Norton, N6AA