[SCCC] Preventing / repairing antenna damage at 20 feet

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Sun Dec 10 00:45:38 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wayne Overbeck" <overbeck6 at yahoo.com>

> "Hello, Texas Towers?  Gerry, I need to place an
> order for eight short towers..."
>
> Hey, wait.  I think I have a better idea.  Dig a
> 25-foot-deep hole in the ground and mount the
> tower in the hole.  Then the antenna will simply
> lay on the ground when the tower is fully retracted.
> And installing antennas on the tower will be a
> day at the beach.

I have actually thought about doing that here at my
home QTH. If I nest at 23' like a standard crank-up
The antenna would be right in front of my neighbors
porch (at eye level) blocking their view of the valley
(don't think that would go over well). If I could sink
the base into the ground an extra 10 feet, I'd be in
fat city.