[SCCC] K6NA CW Sprint

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Sun Feb 12 13:16:49 EST 2006

NA Sprint CW Contest

Call: K6NA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: San Diego County
Operating Time (hrs):  4

80: 108
40: 112
20: 98
---------------------
Total: 318
Mults = 39
Total Score = 12,402

Club: Southern California Contest Club
Team: SCCC 1

Had a nice fast start on 20, went early to 40 and early to 80, then after
that activity just seemed down.  After inheriting a frequency, there were
so many instances where no one would call-- not the usual occurrence.  I
would then CQ twice on that frequency, and often still got no answer, so
moved off to S&P again.

The Pacific-NW boys were weak and watery most of the time.  Some of the
Seattle guys sounded like they were in Zone 18, especially on 40.  Very few
Canadians worked.  Maybe three VE3s plus VE4XT.  Was it just conditions, or
activity?  My overall multiplier also was down compared to what I usually do.

I remember fondly the days when SCCC fielded three full teams and sometimes
four for CW Sprint.   It would be nice to see more enthusiasm again for
this great little contest.

73, Glenn K6NA