[SCCC] VP9/W6PH ARRL DX CW

W6ph@aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 20:14:35 EST 2006

I kept an ear out for the 6's.  Good to work W6EMC on several bands and
ubiquitous N6AA on all the bands except 10m.  Pretty tough going on 15m and 10m.  I
only had 90 QSOs on 15m on Saturday and zero on 10m.  Good signals from the
west coast on 160m and 80m.

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9/W6PH

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda

  160:  354    50
   80:  603    53
   40:  837    57
   20: 1172    58
   15:  460    51
   10:   43    22
-------------------
Total: 3469   291  Total Score = 3,028,437

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  IC-7000
Ant:  A4S at 25 feet, 40m dipole at 25 feet, 80m G5RV at 25 feet, 160m Inv L

The 15M and 10M bands were tough here although conditions improved markedly on
Sunday.  Propagation in VP9 is not Caribbean but more like the Mid-Atlantic.
Those 10M QSOs were with very well equipped stations and no more than a
whisper
in strength.  I still haven't figured out when to sleep and may have missed
some
good hours.  The IC-7000 worked very well and I am happy with it.  Everything
worked well, no Murphy visits.  This is my sixth year from VP9.  My host, Ed,
VP9GE, has been extremely accommodating all these years.  See you for the ARRL
SSB Test.
                          73, Kurt, W6PH