[SCCC] Cure for Keyboarding Disease?

Art w6ky at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 24 00:17:01 EST 2006

SCCC members REALLY need to look out for each other. After posting my
WPX RTTY score I
received the following eMail from a fellow SCCC member which snapped me
back to reality!

WEEEEBLE-WEEEBLE, DEEDLY, DEEDLY, wow, he's over the top, GONE, a former
ham who has got the keyboarding disease BAD -- there is no hope for this
lost soul.

I'll give you 5 bucks for all your CW keys, you won't be needing them....!

--Nitric Acid   CHOF

Yes, it's true.. I had become a WEEEBLE DEEDLY RTTY contester. This eMail
made me examine my present ham habits.  I had been hanging out on 14.22222,
yelling my 'last two'in pile ups (for an LU), an HT on my belt, knowing all
the repeater freqs and the subaudible tones, saving Altoid cans for QRP rigs,
check out my PSK rig at  www.w6ky.com/psk , reading GunPlexer ads, baseball
cap with my call and antenna for my HT, reading 73 magazine editorials..

Thanks to Glenn, I am back on track as a proud SCCC member.

Whoops,  gotta run.  Big NAQP RTTY contest this weekend..

73, Art  W6KY  :-)
WEEEEBLE-WEEEEBLE  DEEDLY-DEEDLY