[SCCC] NAQP SSB W6KK Single Op LP

Charles Spetnagel w6kk at charter.net
Sun Jan 22 14:23:18 EST 2006

North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W6KK
Operator(s): W6KK
Station: W6KK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SOCAL
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35    12
   80:  106    26
   40:  107    37
   20:  310    48
   15:  197    31
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  757   155  Total Score = 117,335

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #3

Comments:
This was an amazing contest for rate.  I had a couple of hours of 140-150 early on.  Then things slowed down.  I just have to make due with my natural 20db attenuation to the north of me (the San Bernardino Mountains)  Be that as it may, I had two goals for this test and accomplished both of them.  The first was to make 750 Q's and the other was to try to do as much as I could to become familiar with my SO2R setup that I picked up at Dayton three years ago.  During the first couple of hours I was running at 4-5 a minute so couldn't do much with the second radio.  As things slowed down gave it a try.  I can see I will need to put in some time on my antennas for the second radio this summer and also some filtering if I decide to really get serious about it.
I guess the only criticism on my performance was not scheduling my breaks at the best times..  I wanted to watch the Morales- Pacquiao fight on HBO so took a couple of hours off at 7:30, came back for the last 30 min.  Anyway had fun, station equipment worked flawlessly, used the new ver 10.02 CT for both CW and SSB and thank Ken for the upgrade and bug fixes, throat is sore, put up a decent score and learned that my band change and time off  strategy needs further consideration.
Thanks for the memories and go Broncos
73 Charlie