[SCCC] W6 Signals at WRTC - Followup

W6UM at aol.com W6UM at aol.com
Thu Jul 20 14:40:57 EDT 2006

Thanks to all who made comments on my original post. It was both  interesting
and informative.

My conclusion from all your notes is that propagation was  definitely down
for W6 to PP5 during WRTC. Sobering to realize that we can be at  a disadvantage
relative to the rest of the U.S. even on such an "easy"  path.

A couple of other observations some may find of interest. PY is a  big
country, with definite propagation differences between the  different parts. Multi
PS2T, Sao Paulo state, had much different conditions  than the multis and
single ops (PP5)  down in Santa Catarina.

Some competitors and referees from EU were hosting HQ operations from their
home QTHs, and were concerned about antenna survival in their absence as well
as  performance, especially on 80 m. G3LZQ was pleased his refurbished
4-square  heard us on 80 and that his new 5/5 was gangbusters on 10 for the  RSGB.

Hoping for good condx in the next contest,
Chas., W6UM