[SCCC] ARRLDX SSB K1USC SOAB(A) LP

Tony Ruiz usctony at charter.net
Sun Mar 5 21:29:03 EST 2006

ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1USC
Operator(s): K1USC
Station: K1USC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Alta Loma, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   0      0
   80:   7      6
   40:  32     17
   20:  20     15
   15:   6      6
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  65     44  Total Score = 8,580

Had fun, putting in a little time here and there.  Was hoping to get some
new DX
added on to my quest for DXCC.  Managed to get a couple of new ones as well
as
some others on new bands.  Rig is a Yaesu 857D with a control cable hooked
up to
N3FJP contest software.  Had fun using the spotting and frequency switching
with
the software program.  It worked out well.  100 watts went into a G5RV that
is
"not high enough" so it made tuning difficult on 10 & 80.
I did try out a Hustler vertical on Sunday.  Only made two contacts with
that
one & didn't seem to hear as much.  Although, only a few radials were set
out,
with one of them dropped into the swimming pool.  The jury is still out on
how
it compared to the G5RV. A fun time was had. 73

de K1USC

Tony