[SCCC] N6KI CQWW CW SOAB Unlimited

Alan Zack k7acz at cox.net
Tue Nov 28 16:49:13 EST 2006

I was surprised how well TZ5A was coming through.  I got him on 4 bands,
fighting through the East Coast Curtain.

N6KI Dennis Vernacchia wrote:

> CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW
>
>Call: N6KI
>Operator(s): N6KI
>Station: N6KI
>
>Class: SOAB HP
>QTH: CA
>
>Operating Time (hrs): *6*

>  160:    6     6        4
>   80:   17    10       13
>   40:  185    21       54
>   20:   62    17       26
>   15:   52    16       25
>   10:    7     6        5
>------------------------------
>Total:  329
>
> Total Score = 189,210
>
>Club: Southern California Contest Club
>
>Comments:
>
>	Just played around a few hours to bust some pileups
>and maybe work a new country here and there.
>WI9WI, Jim was visiting San Diego area this weekend for a memorial service,
>so invited him to come by and experience the Left Coast propagation
>with his call for a few hours.
>
>A funny event  happened this afternoon when I heard a ham friend calling CQ,
>I hadn't worked him on the air for years, so even though I didn't need a U.S. QSO
>I called him and a VERY weak report came back.I figured he maybe lost his amp
>or turned his antenna, so I sent "?" and it turns out it was TZ5A
>responding to my callsign!
>I never did work my friend but I'll seek out his e-mail address
>and thank him for causing me to transmit my call at that moment !
>
>Ts-950SDX, ACOM 2000A, MonstIR SteppIR, 80 mtr Bazooka, 160 mtr Long-wire

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Official USCG Auxiliary Comm Station
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Delta Rocket Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
Aviation Chief Warrant Officer,  U.S. Coast Guard, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com
http://www.uscgradio.net
http://www.comm-one.org