[SCCC] CQP rules

N6OO - Tony n6oo at charter.net
Mon Oct 2 01:07:47 EDT 2006

I'm a newbie qwith this contest. I'll manage to get on the air in between a Birthday Party & a Wedding this weekend.

One question about the CQP.  I'm looking at the rules which states:

"Stations may be worked once on CW and once on Phone per band."

Am I understanding it right that we can work someone on multiple bands as well as both modes on each band?

For example, I make a QSO with KQ6ES on 10 CW, jump to 10 SSB, then jump up to 15 CW then 15 SSB, then on to 20 both, 40 both etc.? while the QSO's will not count for Multipliers, they all should count as contacts correct? I'm thinking it might help with the QSO rate and to get some more contacts.

Another rule seems to eliminate SCCC from the club category on this contest. If this is the case & we are not submitting SCCC as club name, are there other Southern California clubs that usually participate?

Your thoughts and words of wisdom are appreciated.

de N6OO

Tony