[SCCC] WB6S Reply....

Art - W6KY w6ky at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 2 23:02:56 EDT 2006

Below is a reply to an eMail I sent last week by WB6S.
Good coments from him...
I guess Saturday and Sunday we will just let it rip and
see what happens.

Good luck to all. I am applying my 'Vertically Polarized'
antenna wax to my all band GAP. I also have a GE washing
machine motor attached to the base rotating my vertical at
aprox 7000 RPM (spin cycle). This slings the vertical
polarized wave front off the vertical giving it a gain of
over 13 dB.  F/B not too good...
CU all from SDIE/SDGO/SDG
73, Art   W6KY

HI Art,

1st, let me introduce myself...WB6S (previously N6RCE).  I took
Over managing CQP when long time vet AD6E headed for K7C last
Year.

> > Those who have upgraded, N1MM for example, won't recognize
> > SDG/SDGO anymore.... I tried it and SDG no longer exist...If
> > you enter SDO or SDGO the QSO will not enter into the log.

Are you sure?  I worked with all the logging S/W vendors since
March, trying to get them to simply 'add' the new abbreviations
To the list of accepted mults.  I thought Tom and Pete said they
Added the new mults, rather than replaced.

I don't know too many that use N1MM, so I couldn't get anyone to
Check this out.

I personally use W/L and I've checked this out extensively.

I've also had some one check N3FJP, CT, and TR-Log.  I can't find
Anyone home at NA.

Take a look at: http://www.cqp.org/Software.html

I'd suggest two approaches.  Just send SDGO.  The other is, send
SDIE, and if you start to get too many repeats, then go back to
SDGO.

> > So you can't just go back after the contest and correct counties....
> > I do like the SLOB for SLO.  We could come up with some real
> > great designators for different parts of Calif, especially
> > Northern Calif, but it wouldn't be politically correct...

We did that ourselves...

> > So, Dino asked, what was wrong with the old list?
> > In 20 years, 15 top single ops from SCCC. 7 from 'SDG/SDGO'.
> > 12 years since the NCCC has had a  Single-Op winner... The

That fact hasn't escaped notice here.  :-) .

> > top counties are now SDIE, LANG and RIVE which just happen to
> > be where the 15 top single ops are
> > located....
> > I don't believe in conspiracies but......I rest my case......

I can tell you there wasn't any conspiracy, in the sense you
Are thinking.

The problem with the previous list was the inconsistency.  Take
A look at a county name and see if you can guess the old abbreviation
And the new abbreviation.

I've had as many complaints about the old list, as I've had about the
New list.

> > 73, Art  W6KY
> > Next year, I'm going mobile again in KERN and INYO.
> > I can't win place or show in SDG/SDGO/SDIE with my puny
> > signal anyway........

N6RC and I are mobiling in central CA this year (www.n6rc.com).

Please feel free to forward to the SCCC folks Art.

I'm really glad to see this many ops passionate about CQP.  I've told
My NCCC buddies three things:

* Get on for CQP
* get someone on that wasn't on last year
* Call CQ!

73,
-KR- WB6S
CU in the California QSO Party, Oct 7-8