[SCCC] "Hot" E-Bay item

Art - W6KY w6ky at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 7 23:53:40 EDT 2007

Nostalgia:
Back in 1957, my best friend's dad was a chief in the Navy and got us a
set of these. After a lot
of tears (14 yrs old), throwing things, I passed the Novice test at
about 9WPM..  I used 40 and
15 meter CW to get to the required 13 WPM...  I used a portable wind up
78 RPM Victrola
and sat out on the North 40 to learn the code... I know the eBay records
aren't mine because
Paul (KN0TPY) and myself (KN0OQA) threw them in the river after we
passed the test 50
years ago.      73, Art    W6KY