[SCCC] Logging Software

Michael Tope W4EF at dellroy.com
Mon Dec 31 01:45:52 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Younker NE6I" <ne6i at cox.net>
To: <sccc at contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2007 4:25 PM
Subject: [SCCC] Logging Software

> Good afternoon,
>
> I'm curious what general logging software SCCCers are using (general, not
> contest logging) and what they like about it.  I've always used a good old
> ARRL paper log but am thinking about going to software.  Am testing N3FJP
> this afternoon for example.
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis NE6I

I've been using DXBase 2003 here, Dennis. It seems to get the job
done, but I only use a very small fraction of the features. Also I am
sure it has been upgraded many times since 2003, but I haven't
bothered to upgrade.

FWIW, I am not real happy with the QSL printing capability. There
are probably other programs that are better at this or perhaps
its been improved in subsequent upgrades of DXbase. When I get
out from under things at work, I may look into this, but for now the
program gets the job done (lets me log QSOs).