[SCCC] Tower Mast Question

Juan w6now at hushmail.com
Sun Jan 28 04:57:22 EST 2007

Hello contesters, I'm looking for advice on the size/type of mast
that I should be looking for. Some decissions have not been made
yet about the antennas that would go up at my new place.

My Tower option would include either 55' or 72' (not sure yet)
(Rated at: 50 MPH Winds -- 37 sq feet; 300 lbs) 55'
(Rated at: 50 MPH Winds -- 35 sq feet; 350 lbs) 72'

I've seen some folks go after a chromoly mast, and others after a
stainless stell and others using a reinforced mast. Ideally I would
like a 25' mast (4' for rotator inside tower, and 21' for antenna
installation)

thanks in advance.

      73 de w6now!
"Lets dx NOW, not Later"

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485