[SCCC] NAQP RTTY K6GEP Single Op LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 22 03:16:49 EDT 2007

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   80:   29    11
   40:   70    36
   20:   73    33
   15:    7     5
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  183    88  Total Score = 16,104

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

This is the second weekend in a row that old Sol burped on Friday and
messed up our contests.

With only wires, I couldn't get much going on 20 during the day. Seems like
everyone was beaming everywhere but So Calif.  Very little activity on
15 and 10.

My contesting was very fractured due to personal commitments.

I had a good run going tonight on 40 at about 0300z.  I think I stayed on
80 a bit too long.  It wasn't as productive as 40.

Seemed like there were twice as many New Mexico stations on 20 than Texans.
Maybe it had to do with the flooding in TX.

Thanks to W9ILY/0 for putting North Dakota on the air!  I needed it for RTTY
WAS, and for 20m.

Rig: FT-990
Antennas:
     Alpha Delta DXCC sloping down from 50 feet
     VE7CA Style 2 wire dipole pointed 20 deg N on 20

Software:
     N1MM Logger - had some issues with it squaking at me about radio mode.
              I am not using it to control my radio!  I still have a lot
              to learn, but it is a joy to use.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/

P.S.  I heard W6ZL on from Newport Beach.  I wonder if he would want to join
one of
our SCCC teams.