[SCCC] NAQP RTTY N6PE Single Op LP

Rick D n6pe at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 23 11:42:22 EDT 2007

Well I beat my estimate of 1 or 2 QSOs. Spent most of the morning getting RS
cables and stuff to hook up AFSK then trying to figure out the sound
card/computer setting to keep the VOX from keeping the key down. You will
find the extremely high QSO/hr astounding, or not hi hi

I used NA to log and MMTTY to send, what a pain that was. I had to just
S&P.... tried a few CQs and screwed them up, sorry guys hi hi

This was more fun (or torture) than the 160 contest. I've got Writelog and
MMTTY now and I'm in the process of hooking up FSK.
New computer doesn't have LPT or COM ports so if I can't get the USB to
work, I'm going to add a card to the computer.

Using AFSK I couldn't use the RTTY filters in the PRO III so trying to
operate 40 and 80 was like being poked in the eye with a sharp stick.

Scary thing was being able to recognize my call being sent in RTTY.
I'm investigating the auto mode. The XYL would love it if I could do a
contest just by setting up the computer and letting it call CQ all weekend.

 Class: Single Op LP
 QTH: CA
 Operating Time (hrs): 5:02

10:    0     0