[SCCC] Best XTVR Winner

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Sun Mar 4 14:13:43 EST 2007

At 09:27 AM 3/4/2007, Rick D wrote:
>Well, there wasn't much response but, the general consensus appears to be
>the ICOM 7800 from two owners and two others that suggested it might be
>better but didn't own one.

What I found interesting about the responses was the age of the recommended
transceivers. I'm not sure whether this is a result of no one replying
having purchased a transceiver lately or that the respondents believe the
old ones are better than the new ones. I have a 1000D that I like, but it's
old technology - introduced in 1991. I'm considering purchasing a 2000D as
a tradeoff between price and performance relative to an FT-9000.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)