[SCCC] N6VR SS-CW

Steve Long ac6t_2 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 7 23:19:23 EST 2007

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6VR

Operator(s): AC6T, KR6X, K6QD & N6VR

Station: N6VR
Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SB

  Band  QSOs
------------
   160:
    80:  211
    40:  481
    20:  586
    15:  100
    10:
------------

Nice to have the group back again for CW SS this year.  It's our
annual reunion.

Saturday afternoon the Santa Ana winds were kicking up a lot of QRN,
but fortunately it stopped around sundown.  80m was quieter than we
had ever hoped for along with good propagation.  The phased verticals
really seemed to be effective.

We did well on 20m but wondering how some of the other West Coast
stations are doing so much better on 40m than us. We have seen this
before during past SS efforts.

As Leigh, KR6X, pointed out, this is really a saturation
contest.  The difference in number of QSOs between the top few in
each category is not that great.  Digging out the stations you have
not worked yet seems to make the Sunday effort, although slow at
times, critical to doing well in the contest.

2 x FT1000MP
AL1200
Henry 3K
2 phased 80m verticals, 4 el KLM on 40 @ 70ft; 204BA on 20m at 80ft;