[SCCC] N6VR SS-CW

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 00:22:28 EST 2007

Good effort Ray, Steve and rest of N6VR team

...and NO RECOUNT this year !

Sorry we missed the opportunity to make you sweat a bit..... from W6YI Team!

N6KI

On Nov 7, 2007 8:19 PM, Steve Long <ac6t_2 at verizon.net> wrote:

> ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW
>
> Call: N6VR
>
> Operator(s): AC6T, KR6X, K6QD & N6VR
>
> Station: N6VR
> Class: Multi-Op HP
> QTH: SB
> Operating Time (hrs): 24

>  Band  QSOs
> ------------
>   160:
>    80:  211
>    40:  481
>    20:  586
>    15:  100
>    10:
> ------------
> Total: 1388  Sections = 80  Total Score = 222,080
>
> Club: Southern California Contest Club
> Comments:
>
> Nice to have the group back again for CW SS this year.  It's our
> annual reunion.
>
> Saturday afternoon the Santa Ana winds were kicking up a lot of QRN,
> but fortunately it stopped around sundown.  80m was quieter than we
> had ever hoped for along with good propagation.  The phased verticals
> really seemed to be effective.
>
> We did well on 20m but wondering how some of the other West Coast
> stations are doing so much better on 40m than us. We have seen this
> before during past SS efforts.
>
> As Leigh, KR6X, pointed out, this is really a saturation
> contest.  The difference in number of QSOs between the top few in
> each category is not that great.  Digging out the stations you have
> not worked yet seems to make the Sunday effort, although slow at
> times, critical to doing well in the contest.
>
> 2 x FT1000MP
> AL1200
> Henry 3K
> 2 phased 80m verticals, 4 el KLM on 40 @ 70ft; 204BA on 20m at 80ft;
> 5 el 15m at 40ft.

"I am beginning to believe that God is not Dead, just resurrected as GOOGLE
!

Google sure beats the hell out of Praying to get an answer !"   Dennis
Vernacchia, November 2007