[SCCC] CQWW CW AD6ZJ M/S HP

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Tue Nov 27 23:01:47 EST 2007

Nice job, good to hear you in there, Loren!

Don't feel too badly, I was in there seriously for the weekend, and
never heard Zone 22 or 34 ( I don't use packet).

At this time of the cycle, VU is very tough for us here, except they
can often be heard on the 20m long path in Nov-Dec-Jan, over South
America, during our sunset period.  If you don't mind working it on
SSB, look around 14.180 to 14.200 at that time.  The VUs and maybe
4S7 are there in roundtables with west coast folks when the band is
open, for 45 minutes or so.  Maybe VU2PTT, who may be monitoring this
reflector, will watch for you and give you the Zone.  He prefers CW I
think.  Sometimes 40m LP is open the same time as 20, and you should
be able to work a VU there on CW if you listen daily on the low end.

I can't help much on the Zone 34, but I did operate from Egypt in 1995. ;-)

I'm a CQ-Awards Checkpoint so I can check your WAZ cards for you when
you're ready to do the application.

Cheers,

Glenn K6NA