[SCCC] CQWW CW AD6ZJ M/S HP

Loren Hunt lorenphunt at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 21:34:26 EST 2007

Call: AD6ZJ
Operator(s): AD6ZJ
Station: AD6ZJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

  160:    3     3        2
   80:   34    13       19
   40:   83    21       52
   20:   72    22       43
   15:   41    16       26
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

AD6ZJ Single opp high power with packet assistance,
all S&P. I'm not much of a CW opp (yet) so my goals
for his contest were to better last years score of
13,013, get enough new DX to complete my CW DXCC award
(only need
7 more) and to pick up a few missing zones for the
mixed WAZ. I beat last years score (and then some),
picked up over 30 new CW DX entities but I was unable
towork those two elusive zones (22 and 34). I ran
about a KW on 80, 40 and 15, about 400W on 20 and
barefoot on 160 and 10. I had to cut down my power on
20M as I still haven't moved the tribander and it is
about a wavelength away from the rig. A KW on 20M = RF
in the audio and the USB keyboard to hang. Maybe I
will get it moved this season. On both 160 and 10 I
could work all I could copy with 100W  but I didn't
copy much.