[SCCC] NCJ NA RTTY Sprint

Rick D n6pe at pacbell.net
Sun Oct 14 13:27:39 EDT 2007

My apologies to all that had to suffer through working me.

I thought the contest was Sunday night so only had an hour to set up N1MM
and figure out how to use it after I realized it was Saturday.

After about 6 contacts I did something that set the QSO number back to Zero.
Panic took control. Guys were asking for repeats on number or state etc and
I was just sending the whole exchange. Now I had to figure out how to send
manually. More panic.

Learned you can't S&P very well on 20 M because you can't hear the station
that gets the frequency after  the one you tuned in.

After about twenty contacts I just started making a list of things to learn
about the program and marcos I need to write.

My heart is still pounding......... another frustrating shot hi hi

I will say it appears that the free N1MM program has better documentation,
supports more contests, and is more user friendly than my MixW, which cost
money. (thanks to Art W6KY for the tip). It is one of the few that supports
FSK and rig control so I can use the ICOM RTTY filters.

As they say, better luck next time

Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-
17775 Elmhurst Circle
Yorba Linda, CA 92886