[SCCC] Foam

Glenn Rattmann k6na at cts.com
Mon Oct 29 21:08:13 EST 2007

Interesting approach, Rick.  Let us know how it works out!  If the
final result has closed-cells, the foam should indeed keep water from
wicking through it.

I don't know the answer to your question.  I would pose the question
to the head of the Technical Dept at the League; maybe they have had
this come up before.  There are some gurus around who might comment
on this, too-- maybe Rudy N6LF, or some others with good engineering
backgrounds, have had some experience with these materials.

Oh-- and don't use any PVC in there.  PVC, all colors = Bad around
around RF voltages.  Lexan and Delrin = Good.  Black ABS = Reasonably
Good.  ;-)

Glenn K6NA