[SCCC] W6PH SOABHP

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 11:21:34 EST 2007

CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: W6PH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Lone Pine, CA

160:    0     0        0
80:   20    11       11
40:  140    25       52
20:  501    32       91
15:  181    23       64
10:   92    10       26
------------------------------
Total:  934   101      244  Total Score = 837,660

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Radio: TS-930S AL-1200 (except 75m)  SB-200 (75m)
Logging:  CT 9.57 on NEC Versa laptop
Antennas:  A3S @ 45 feet (permanent antenna)
"Field Day" antennas - Two AB-577s with 40-2CD @ 60 ft and ATB-34 @ 55 ft
80m wire vertical to top of 40m AB-577

Solar flux=68  A=14  K=3

Europe was very weak and every QSO was a struggle. 20m signals were very
fluttery.  But there was a nice 15m opening to southern Europe on Sunday.
Lots
of loud LUs and PYs on 10 meters and zones 6, 7, and 8 were a surprise but
missed zone 3.  Most of my contacts were S&P except in the afternoon when 20m
and 15m opened to JA.  Forty meters got real slow in the evening and I knocked
off for some sleep around 9 pm local time both nights.  My AL-1200 has an
arcing bandswitch on 80m, so I pressed my venerable SB-200 (500 watts) into
service for an hour to load up on a few multipliers. I checked 160 a couple
times but nothing really happening and didn't try to make any contacts.  As
usual, I enjoyed the weekend despite the terrible propagation.
73, Kurt, W6PH