[SCCC] CW Skimmer in ARRL Contests

Art - W6KY w6ky at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 21:28:34 EDT 2008

The article is there. I have read it. A QST/CQ article that electronic keyers (tube days)
would be the death of CW / DX'ing / Ragchewing. As with anything new that comes
along, there are those who believe it's just more of a Ham Radio death spiral. I have
a tendency to do the same. But, but, but anyone using a CW skimmer isn't going to
be at the top of the game in 'any' category. So I would say, not to worry. Those who
are serious need the CW Skimmer guys to answer their CQ's (all the skimmer decodes!).
Personally, if I'm calling CQ, I don't care how the calling station found me and with
any luck as time goes on he will copy the code without the skimmer input. I will
never use the Skimmer because after 50 years of CW I just don't need it.  I do use
assisted in the ARRL CW DX because I only use S&P and it's fun to work em as they
pop up on the bandmap. Grab that rare LU before anyone else!
I know with the Skimmer out there I just might call CQ a little more with my peanut
whistle and rake em in!  Watch out Sweepstakes!
73,  Art  W6KY
www.w6ky.com
CQP in 5 weeks... SCCC  1st, 2nd & 3rd place this year???