[SCCC] 10 Meters - N6PE

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 21:30:58 EST 2008

Man, I'm getting to old to handle these high QSO/HR opening. Some of them peaked at over 4 QSOs hour.

I switched between the vertical and the SteppIR at 35 feet and there were often stations I could not hear on one antenna or the other. Pointing toward NY I could hear some WA/BC stations I couldn't hear with the antenna right at them. A lot of QSOs were just above ESP.

K5NA was the ONLY skywave station I worked the first day. The second day had about 35 minutes of good conditions.

Basically I did S&P about every 2 hours and called CQ a few time.

This was even less exciting than the 160 contest.

ARRL Section : ORG
Club/Team : Southern California Contest Club

        Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty
        28 CW     73     292   13
       Total      73     292   13
            Score : 3,796