[SCCC] RTTY / PSK Software

Bill Shell n6ws at charter.net
Sat Jan 5 21:37:18 EST 2008

Dennis,

For normal day-to-day digital contacts on RTTY and PSK31, I use
WinWarbler, which is part of the DXLab suite of programs.   For RTTY or
PSK contesting I use N1MM.  Both WinWarbler and N1MM use MMTTY, so the
setup is similar.

As the computer to radio interface I use the microHAM microKEYER.  Prior
to getting it, I used a simple interface with two transformers.  I also
used a simple interface much like your CW interface for the PTT and FSK
lines to the radio.  The TS-940S has the all the needed interfaces/ports
necessary for RTTY & PSK.

This weekend is the ARRL RTTY Round-Up.  It would have been a good
weekend for you to have been on RTTY.  There are several RTTY and PSK
contests throughout the year.  I am usually a somewhat casual
participant in them, but it is always nice to work a new country on a
different mode.

73, Bill
N6WS