[SCCC] Digital Mode software and interface

Randy Johnson randyj at loan-wolf.com
Sun Jan 6 15:08:57 EST 2008

I am a REAL CASUAL digital mode operator, just like to fool around with something different. Also didn't feel like making a significant $$ investment in an area of narrow interest. It is fun to go do when I can't find anyone on CW.  Also PSK seems to be a "refuge" for CW ops unlike RTTY which has it's own dedicated following. DX sure fun with 25 or 50 watts.

I use the interface from Buxcomm at https://www.buxcomm.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2  Only $50

As to PSK software, I have the following on my PC

MMVARI
WinWarbler
PSK31 Deluxe
DigiPan
WinPSKse
Hamscope
Multipsk

Did I miss one?

All have some features and settings that I do not understand and the documentation is not very good on any, but they all seem to work if you fool around with them enough. Favorite used to be DigiPan but latest version allows display of several channels and it seems not to work as well as old version. Favorite is probably PSK31 Deluxe.   They are all free so download 'em and have at it.

The thing you will have to work out is the interface/port settings which are not necessarily intuitive.

Good luck

Randy W6SJ