[SCCC] For Sale, TEN-TEC Titan

Bob Wilson N6HB at n6hb.org
Wed Oct 29 20:32:03 EDT 2008

Titan 425E (export version) amplifier (s/n 425-01042) w/ late model 425
p/s (heavy duty xfmr and fast/slow fan switch). This is the last item left
from my Massachusetts station. The property took a lightning hit to the
swimming pool and got into the house on the ground lead. The GFI breaker
did its job and protected the pool pump, but everything in the house with
a separate ground lead was damaged. I closed down the station shortly
after this occurred, so I can't be sure of the extent of the damage. The
power supply appears to be fine and the two rectifier bridges check out
okay. I have neither 220 VAC nor any station here, so I cannot check
further. The rf deck damage appears to be limited to the cover interlock
switch - it is totally destroyed. That could very well be the extent of
the damage, since the unit was turned off at the time and the coax
disconnected. The amp is 1-owner (non-smoker), low hours, and otherwise in
excellent condition.

Includes rf deck w/ original shipping box, external p/s, manual and
schematics. For those not familiar, this is a full QSK, legal limit+ amp
utilizing a pair of 3CX800A7, covering 160M - 10M including WARC bands. If
you are willing to take a chance, it is priced to sell. $950.00 pick-up in
Orange County. FYI, a fully operational Titan (non-export) recently sold
locally for $1525.00 (http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=178474).

-Bob