[SCCC] FW: No operation for SS from VY1JA/VY0

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Wed Oct 29 23:45:02 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: vy1ja at northwestel.net [mailto:vy1ja at northwestel.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:43 PM
To: k2db at k2db.org; widelitz at gte.net; w0yk at msn.com
Subject: No operation for SS from VY1JA/VY0

Ken, Paul, and Ed, (and Eric)

I am at Resolute en route to Alert and did not receive operating permission
from the military base at Alert before I left, so radio gear had to be left
at home.

The delays getting gear here even if permission is received immediately upon
arrival, will even make the Phone   out of the question.

I am sorry, but I did try my best.

Please pass this word on to the rest of the contest operators in your
respective areas.

Eric, VY1EI, is a beginning contest operator, who might be talked into
running  -CW from Whitehorse.  I have blind CC'ed him with this message in
the hopes that he will write you guys with a reply-all and have good news
for you.