[SCCC] NAQP CW WA6L Single Op LP

John Graf wa6l at arrl.net
Sun Aug 2 08:03:57 PDT 2009

Call: WA6L
Operator(s): WA6L
Station: WA6L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

 160:    4     2
  80:   23    16
  40:   31    24
  20:   99    42
  15:   30    26
  10:   23    14
-------------------
Total:  210   124  Total Score = 26,040

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I was looking forward to this contest, since my rotator is stuck at about 65
degrees.  Until I get it fixed I have to be content with US contests.  But,
due
to family commitments, I only got six hours in the chair.

The good news was that I got to sample different times during the day when
every band was open.  There was a nice opening on 10m, and 15m stayed long
for
quite some time.  40m seemed to open late, but was great until the end of
the
contest.  Except for a short run on 10m, this was all S&P.

Rig was a K3 at 100w into a Log Periodic (at 65 degrees).  Inverted L for
40/80
and a sloper for 160.
73,

John, WA6L

--

Ogden Nash <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/o/ogden_nash.html>  -
"The trouble with a kitten is that when it grows up, it's always a cat."