[SCCC] ARRL 10 meter CW - K6ZB

Bruce Elbert bruce at applicationstrategy.com
Mon Dec 14 08:43:14 PST 2009

Contest         : ARRL 10 Meter Contest
Callsign        : K6ZB
Mode            : CW
Category        : Single Operator (SO)
Overlay         : ---
Band(s)         : Single band (SB) 10 m
Class           : High Power (HP)
Zone/State/...  : CA
Locator         : DM04OF
Operating time  : 5h11

 MODE   QSO DUP DXC MLTS  POINTS   AVG
---------------------------------------
   CW    83   0   4   17     332  4.00
  SSB     0   0   0    0       0  0.00
---------------------------------------
TOTAL    83   0   4   17     332  4.00
=======================================
          TOTAL SCORE : 6 972

Powered by Win-Test 4.2.0        http://www.win-test.com

As all who participated know, conditions were really poor with limited
openings. It was still enjoyable for a chance to improve my proficiency
with contest software (Win-Test 4.2 in my case). And its fun to be in
contact with other contesters, even if the exchanges are brief. Worked
many local So Cal folks via groundwave, and a few in the South East US.
HC8GR was prominent. Saturday was open to Washington and Oregon, but that
wasn't the case on Sunday. Worked several South Americans. Nothing in Eu
heard. I ran a full kW and my 20 meter half square seemed to perform
better than the screwdriver.

73, Bruce K6ZB