[SCCC] ARRL 10 Meter Test KI6VC

Vic Sadesky vsadesky at ccis.com
Mon Dec 14 19:16:34 PST 2009

ARRL 10 Meter Contest
Call        KI6VC
Station    KI6VC
OP        Himself
Class    SO Mixed HP
Time  8.5 Hrs
Security    The Big Dogs of Doom

            Qs    Mults
CW      82       17
SSB    54         9
__________________
            136     26        Claimed Score 11,336

Station:    756ProIII, AL1200, F12 C4 @ 50 Ft.Software miLog

Comments

All equipment functioned to spec for a change.  Hope was high the band would be better than last year.
We have A  sunspot after all.  After the first 2.5 hrs I had four Qs...2 CAs and 2 AZs 2 CW and 2 SSB.  Hoped for
better Saturday.  Got on 7AM to sparse activity but was work'em.  At 7:30 something got turned on and the
noise was S9+.  At 8:30 noise drops out and I'm off and running but didn't get far... Power went out.
An hour later it's back up and I'm back on.  Again, Just as things started to warm-up  BANG power down again.
This time I wait gun-shy power glitches kill computers.  A couple of hours later I'm back
at it working a nice run.  K6ZZ ( a mile cross town) calls I work him and before I can say something witty
 BOOM power fails. By late afternoon I only had about 50 Qs and 9 mults each mode. Still I really did cleanup
During  those long LONG CQs, I grabbed some wipes and dusted the shack!!  I only caught one opening Sunday
The only DX worked was KH6, an LU and a PY. SA must have had better conditions...PY gave an nr in the 360s
Thanks to all the WA ops and thanks to you cheerleaders.
See Ya at NAQP.

Vic Sadesky KI6VC
Cal City
"Our doubts are traitors,