[SCCC] FKeys for Writelog

John Graf wa6l at arrl.net
Tue Jul 14 09:45:08 PDT 2009

Hi, Folks, If you are not a Writelog user, you can stop now and delete this
message. But if you are, you may be interested in a free program called
"FKeys." The web site for FKeys is http://www.kregli.com/fkeys.htm The site
provides a better explanation of what the program does than I can. But
basically, it gives you an on-screen map of your function keys and what they
are programmed to do. Best of all, you can click on the keys with your mouse
instead of hitting the function key and get the same result. I used it for
the first time during the IARU contest last weekend and it seemed to make a
difference in how fast and accurate I was in sending my call, exchange, and
so forth. You may want to give it a try.

The program is free. The author also offers a program to assist with editing
the Writelog .ini file.

73,

John, WA6L