[SCCC] Minus 3,915 points

John Simmons kq6es at roadrunner.com
Tue Jul 21 22:27:06 PDT 2009

CONTESTER SCORES MINUS 3,915 POINTS IN 2009 ARRL DX CW CONTEST

"Baffled!" say scientists.

Go look at the 2009 ARRL DX CW score of YO9AGIAND on the ARRL site.  It
makes me wish log checking results were available for all to see.

Minus 3,915 points. Is this the lowest ever contest score?

With 23 contacts and 15 multipliers remaining, that's a positive 1,035 pts,
so the negative was -4,950. That's 550 contacts not in log wiped out along
with 3 pts per Q and a 3x penalty, and the loss of an unknown number of
irrelevant multipliers.  How is this possible?  Is my math confused?  Is
this some sort of computer error (not likely because there were 23 good
contacts), or perhaps staggeringly inept typing?  Does anyone have a
thought?  I'm baffled.

John kq6es