[SCCC] NAQP RTTY Contest

John n6qq at msn.com
Fri Jul 24 01:11:21 PDT 2009

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: N6QQ
Operator(s): N6QQ
Station: N6QQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cerritos, Ca

   80:    25    11
   40:  163    48
   20:  159    49
   15:      9     9
   10:
-------------------
Total:  356   117  Total Score = 41,652

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Did some tests with the antenna when no one was looking.  Tested the Antenna at 80 feet vs 40 feet.

On 20 meters, signals levels would drop up to 2 S units @ 80 feet.
On 40 meters, signals levels when up 1-2 S units @ 80 feet
On 80 meters, inverted V - Signals when up +3 S units @ 80 feet.  At 40 feet, most of the 80 meters
     signals drop into the noise level.

Score was down 20,000 points from Feb Contest.  Worked 57 first timers (first time in my log).

The NAQP Contests gives me the best results at my normally 40 foot limit.

Rig:  Icom IC-7800, 4 element SteppIR with 40 meters addition, inverted 80 dipole.

6 meters: CQ WW VHF Contest: Was watching the band all day Sat.- For me, no SKIP stations.
Worked a grand total of 10 stations.

73  John  - N6QQ

QRZ:     http://www.qrz.com/db/N6QQ
Eqsl:     http://www.eqsl.cc/Member.cfm?n6qq