[SCCC] WPX CW K6GEP SO(A)AB LP

Tim Goeppinger timgep at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 14 17:52:06 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: CA

------------
  160:
   80:   10
   40:   21
   20:  112
   15:   12
   10:
------------

I broke the number one rule of contesting, and did antenna work during the
contest.  I have been focusing on getting a Wilson SY-2 tribander up at least
off the roof to test.  I tried to get it done before or during WPX weekend,
but I just did not get it done.

I missed the great opening on 20M to EU the first night.
It was very good the second night, and managed to work Qatar for a new
country.  One observation EU was in from about 0200z to 0600z, along with
VK/ZL.  No JA's at that time.  At 0600z, it was like a switch flipped.  Eu out
JA in.

Rig:
   FT-990 100W

Ants:
   80 Meter dipole sloped from 50 feet
   40 Meter inverted vee at 50 feet
   20 Meter dipole at 30 feet broadside to N-S - height raised 2nd day
   15 meter dipole at 20 feet

Software:
   N3FJP CQWW Logger - worked well