[SCCC] Call for SCCCers to Go To Field Day This Weekend

Richard J. Norton richardjnorton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 17:05:33 PDT 2009

I just sent a message to the ARRL Southwestern Division membership
suggesting that people put a little time into Field Day this upcoming
weekend. I'd like to encourage SCCC members even a little more so.

We can certainly use more people interested in contests in Southern
California. We've had no shortage of our members moving away in the recent
past years.

I urge you to at least go to a local Field Day near you for a little while.
If you need a specific recommendation of where to go, just ask.

Here's the message just sent out:

Field Day Will Take Place This Weekend

ARRL's annual Field Day takes place on June 27 and 28. The ARRL has a
Field Day Site Map at
http://www.arrl.org/contests/announcements/fd/locator.php , where you
can find locations and information about sites near you. The page also
has a link to the ARRL's Field Day Package page, which contains rules
and hints.

I encourage you to participate. If you are an experienced ham, there
are Field Day operations that could benefit from you spending a few
hours with them. If you are a newcomer, Field Day is a good place to to
see ham radio in action.

Essentially all groups welcome visitors. Visit a site or two and meet
some local active hams. Bring your license if you would like to
operate.

If your club's Field Day is not listed, please add it. If you would
like assistance in doing so, please contact me.

73,

Dick, N6AA