[SCCC] W6TK SO AB HP WPX - SSB

Dick Stepanian dickw6tk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 18:06:22 PDT 2009

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6TK
Operator(s): W6TK
Station: W6TK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA

------------
  160:    0
   80:  125
   40:  406
   20: 1040
   15:  186
   10:    2
------------

Comments: Iinteresting condx....thought it was going to be a bust but things
seemed to get better
Although I was hoping for more EU on 40 than I heard/worked - but it wasn't
bad.....and yep...great
to have the broadcast stations move - at least most of them.  40 was a WHOLE
lot quieter
the second evening...much better.  My best score since 2004 - which was some
what of a
surprise.  Missed all of Sunday morning...so may have missed some
significant EU mults?
I think this is first time I scored more than a 1000 Q's on a band - 20 Mtrs
and I believe my
best on 40 at 406.  Fun time - except I didn't get the "parrot" working and
have a sore throat
...but it was worth it!!  Hope everyone had fun...now for CW!!!  73's -
Dick

Rig: Ft-1000MP ---> Alpha 374A
Antennas:  10-40 Mtrs: Hygain Explorer 14 at 50 Ft - with 40 Mtr rotatable
Dipole
                     80 Mtrs: 1/4 wave slopper

Software: N1MM, microkeyer