[SCCC] WPX Contest

Vic Sadesky vsadesky at ccis.com
Mon Mar 30 04:02:50 PDT 2009

2009 WPX SSB

Call: KI6VC
Station: KI6VC
OP: HIMSELF
Class: Single Op High
Guard Dogs Services: Meko & Sparky

160:       0
  80:      2
  40:      247
  20:      633
  15:      304
  10:       0
-------------------
          1186    WPX  352

Total Claimed Score = 500,192
Club: Southern California Contest Club

Software: miLog
Equip; IC-756 ProIII, AL-1200, Force12 C4XL @ 50 ft, Shunt loaded tower for 80

Comments & Random Thoughts:

AAAh yes a person best.a 64% increase over last year

The new AL-1200 in the shack was a "good news bad news" thing.

A sage ham said "You're all fat dumb and happy with 500 watts and

everything works fine. Throw the LIMIT+ at your setup and watch the

weak points smoke.  I mocked him then the 80M shunt cap went POP !!

OK, I needed to get a VacCap anyway.  The good news is my score!

SWEET 40 METERS!! What a beautiful sound!! No more Tom Jones singing

Chinese Opera!!  That made up for 80M

15M was very stubborn Saturday.I worked her with no real luck wasting

2 hours.  Sunday was better.  She gave me a 3 hour workout that really put

the spurs to the new amp.  I'm lucky.4 hours and you need a doctor???

Do we still have a 10 Meters???

The dog's battle with Osama Bin Bunny raged on "SSB must bark"  HA, I have

opposable thumbs AND MFJ.  Their new "Sound Card Interface" mutes the mic

on voice key.They went to Plan "B" bringing squeaky toys into the shack.

I countered with Chew Sticks.  The Master Rules, Dogs Drool, QRZ contest!

Kudos to all the cheerleaders out there those spots really help.

73s and See Everyone at Visalia

RF cures Globe Warming

CONTEST and Save the Planet

Vic Sadesky KI6VC