[SCCC] SS CW AH7ZA (W6PH) SO Low Power

W6ph at aol.com W6ph at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 16:14:51 PST 2009

ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AH7ZA
Operator(s):  W6PH
Station:  KH6SQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:  Maui
Operating Time (hrs):  19

------------
160:
80:    14
40:   199
20:  430
15:    24
10:
------------
Total:   667  Sections =  79  Total Score = 105,386

Comments:

Good contest from  the Kaualani Club  station.  Thanks to W8QZA (aka W6QU)
I missed VO1MP as there were too many calling him and it is a  long  way to
VO1 from here.  I found VE8EV calling CQ on 15m with no   answers.  It was
tough going on Saturday but Sunday made up for it with  great  runs on 20m.

FT-1000MP  CT-Win

TH7DX at 50   feet
40-2CD at 55 feet
1/4 wave sloper on 80m

Without the 6's, I  would have had about half the QSO's.  I got up early on
Sunday
morning (4:30 am) to squeeze out some more contacts on 40m only to  find
all the signals weak and barely workable.  And I didn't have enough  ERP on
80m to do anything.  Low power is tough from out here especially with
Haleakala
in the path directly east.

I had to QRT with three hours remaining to pick up friends at the  airport.

Mahalo to everyone who called in.

73, Kurt,  W6PH