[SCCC] Gamma Hybrid Tiny 12VDC 15 - 20 Amp Pwr Supply - Group Buy ?

Dennis Vernacchia n6ki73 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 00:37:42 PST 2009

*This is a neat supply and great for taking on trips and Dx-peditions
with a small 100 Watt HF Transceiver
**If anyone is interested in a group buy, let me know and I will see
what we can drive the price down to !*
*
http://www.gammaresearch.net/hps-1a.html

see enlarged photo here

 http://www.gammaresearch.net/images/hps1a-001-800.jpg

*****
*Input Voltage: 100 - 250 VAC, 50-60 Hz*******
*Input Current: 2 Amps maximum*
*Output Voltage: 13.8 VDC +/- 5%*
*Output Current: 5 Amps Continuous., 22 Amps @ 25% duty/sec. **
*
*Dimensions: 3.37" x 1.55" x 5.25"*
*Weight: 1.25 lbs.***
This claim from the web site

*****The HPS-1a is guaranteed to operate your 12 volt radio at up to 100
Watts output using Morse CW or Voice SSB.
You have to see it to believe it. It will power your radio continuously for
normal QSOs...
in fact, you can contest with it!

Your radio uses power only 35% of the time when transmitting CW, and about
25% during normal Voice SSB operation.
The Gamma HPS-1a provides full power capability by the use of
Ultra-Capacitors which act like short term batteries.
 Between spoken syllables and between Morse code characters, the
Ultra-Capacitors are being recharged,
ready for the next high current pulse requirement. This allows the total
weight and size of the power supply
 to be reduced to 1/3 that of any other power supply on the market.
And it operates equally well on input voltages between 100 and 250 VAC, 50
or 60 Hz. *

* The Regular non discounted Single Unit price for this Pwr Sply is $169 +
$11 S&H.
Lets see what ordering 10 - 20 or MORE units will do to drive price down !
**( We should also save on multiple unit shipping to San Diego ***) *
*
I just did some measurements and it appears that this Power Supply
will just fit into a small Priority Mail Flat Rate box,
***so I could send units from San Diego to anyone in U.S. for $4.95 + $2.75
Insurance = $7.70 Shipping !

**Please forward this to any other hams you know that may be interested*
*
( I am not making 1 stinking peso if we do a group buy ! )

73, Dennis N6KI*
*San Diego*
*
P.S - Jim N6TJ - Can U forward to NCCC guys etc

P.P.S. - ICOM IC-7000 HF Xcvr NOT included with Power Supply !!!*