[SCCC] SKCC Sprint - KD6HTN

Cliff Frescura cf at cfcorp.com
Tue Nov 24 18:24:08 PST 2009

Yes, I am a firm believer in dipoles for hams starting out on HF.  For a 40m
dipole, you can add traps for 20m and get the benefit of a shorter antenna
due to the shortening effect of the traps.  Plus you should be able to
operate 15m with a 40m dipole even without the traps for 20m.

My current wire antenna is a dog legged 80m inverted vee with traps for 40m
and 17m and works quite well.

I live in South Pasadena, if you would like, send me your address to my
direct email (cf at cfcorp.com) and I can come by sometime and check out some
antenna possibilities for you.

73,

Cliff K3LL