[SCCC] SO2R Equipment Recommendations

Prasad vu2ptt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 19:45:01 PST 2009

Bob,

I have also just started dabbling with SO2R. Last Thursday and Friday just
before CQWW CW contest I was busy building the KK1L 2x6 Antenna switch,
controller and band decoder. Got it all going a few minutes before the
contest and tired myself out ending up using just on radio and sleeping
during prime band openings :)

First time in a contest I did not change coax cables to the rig or the Daiwa
2-way antenna switch that I have. I have not yet connected the band decoder
part of the switch controller to the rig/PC but used it in manual mode to
switch antennas during the contest. The controller also provides tap off
headers to switch filters etc. for each radio.

I am now building the SO2R controller which is at
http://home.comcast.net/~kk1l/kk1l_so2r/index.html The anntena switch,
controller, band decoders details are also available ont he site. It all
worked out much cheaper for me than buying a finished product. Ron KK1L
provides high quality PCBs.

Now to make filter stubs and plan on getting band filters - needs some
annual budget plans now that I am trying to get into SO2R ;-)

Good luck and 73

de Prasad, VU2PTT, W2PTT