[SCCC] (no subject)

rick darwicki n6pe at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 08:38:55 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I have an inverted L mounted about 20' above ground, old Create 40/80 vertical with big homemade traps for 40 and 80. DX Engineering choke at base.

Using my NYE 3KW tuner I can get a 1:1 SWR on any band 160-10M EXCEPT on 30 M where lowest SWR at the radio is 2:1. This is with minimum "C" and some "L" inserted.

Anyone have any bright ideas on how I can improve the 30 M without taking the antenna down or messing up the other bands ??? I.E. matching stub, feedline transformer etc.

I would like to do this without adding and switching.

Yes, I know, I probably stand as much chance of that as working the FT5 on 160 hi hi

Thanks

Rick, N6PE