[SCCC] better than 2:1 on 30M

Loren Hunt lorenphunt at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 09:32:25 PDT 2009

IMHO - The problem could be your 40M trap and or lack of a 30M trap. On 30M your rig will see the 32' length of the 40M as a 3/8 wave element (not easy to tune) If the 40M trap wasn't there your 80M run would look real close to 5/8 wave on 30M (easy to tune). You don't want to remove the 40M trap as you would have a 1/2 wave on 40M (voltage fed, hard to tune). You can either add a 30M trap or run a separate 22' vertical wire off the same feed point at the base.

My vertical (in continuous service since the fall of 2001) is a 1/4 wavelength on 80M and 30M looks close without the tuner. With the tuner it is 1:1. Your mileage may vary.

73
AD6ZJ, Loren