[SCCC] Stacking Tribander on 54' crank up?

Timothy Coker n6win73 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 17:43:51 PDT 2010

Hi all, I am in the process of budgeting and planning for a LM 354HD 54'
Crankup tower. It's going in my back yard in place of my current 29' of Rohn
25G. I cannot at this time see having two towers installed as my property is
not very big (75X100' lot).

Equipment on the tower will be:

24' 4130 Chromolly mast 2" OD x .250" walls
M2 Orion Rotator
TB-2 thrust bearing
Force 12 C31XR 0.5' above TB-2
Cushcraft A3WS w/30m 7.5' above TB-2
Cushcraft XM240 17' above TB-2
80m shortended Double bazooka on pulley mounted off top section of tower @
54'

With the above in mind, I was considering placing a second tribander at 37'
fixed on the north-east (stateside contest running). The tower manufacturer
is willing to weld an adapter to allow for this.

My question is... is this worth the expense and extra work? Can I get away
with running a TH7DXX (have one on hand) at 37' to run the east coast while
running the C31XR at Japan? Am I dreaming here with two different tribanders
spread only 17' in height? Will it honestly make a difference in my contest
scores (CQP, NAQP, NA Sprint, Sweepstakes)?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Tim, N6WIN.